Prefer Danish? Click on the Google translate button at the top of the right hand column.
What’s your experience with Danish banks? Mine’s not good. Danske Bank, one of Denmark’s largest banks:
- try to make me liable for another’s debts, without saying what the money was used for;
- try to use me to cover their mistakes of over lending to others;
- finalized my home loan documentation 7 months late, to mix it with their past mistakes;
- made such a mess of the contracts that do not reflect what happened;
- signed documents as witnesses, where they were never present, and
- keep writing in Danish though they know I understand little of it.
If any bank treated you unfairly, this site will explain your rights under EU law, and make suggestions of things you can do. The different blogs cover different aspects of EU consumer protection; start with the Introduction. Though the site is Denmark focussed, the EU law referred to generally applies to all EU consumers in all EU countries.
Keep reading, send a link to your lawyer, or contact me – I will be happy to help with whatever suggestions I can.
This site is a work in progress, so feel free to come back for more information later.